Tuesday, April 25, 2006
How do Risen and Priest sleep at night?
Should Dana Priest and James Risen be proud of winning a Pulitzer based on national security leaks? I don't think so.
Did Dana Priest know that Mary McCarthy had an agenda? Did Dana Priest really believe that Mary McCarthy was simply saving the world from Pres. Bush and VP Cheney?
What were McCarthy's motives anyway? I don't know but I think that Thomas Joscelyn is on to something:
"I noted above that McCarthy reviewed the intelligence surrounding the al-Shifa pharmaceutical factory in Sudan, which was destroyed by the Clinton administration in August 1998. We know from contemporaneous press reports that the intelligence coming out of Sudan was provocative to say the least. According to the Associated Press in late August 1998, “telephone intercepts collected by the National Security Agency included contacts between senior Shifa officials and Emad Al Ani, known as the father of Iraq’s chemical weapons program.” That is, the father of Iraq's chemical weapons program was linked to al Qaeda's pursuit of WMD. Why didn’t McCarthy leak copies of these intercepts to the press? We know she most likely reviewed them in April 2000. Well, because it didn’t fit her agenda. But as a supposedly independent journalist, shouldn’t Priest want to know why McCarthy would leak information about the CIA’s secret prisons, which when spun in the correct manner would paint the Bush administration’s prosecution of the war on terror in a negative light, but not evidence that may help vindicate the Bush administration’s approach to fighting the terror network?
This is the point behind all of this. Priest and her cohorts at the Times and the Post readily print anonymously-sourced stories with an anti-Bush flare. But, their sources are most certainly aware of evidence that cuts the other way."(http://thomasjoscelyn.blogspot.com/2006/04/mary-mccarthys-motives_23.html)
I don't recall any stories of how Bill Clinton lied about WMDs when he bombed Iraq several times.
I hope that Dana Priest and James Risen sleep well at night. Priest put several countries, and their people at risk, because of her story. Risen put his countrymen at risk because he leaked the NSA wiretapping story. I hope that they can live with themselves when Al Qaeda blows up a city or Americans are killed around the world.
It's great to have a free press and to hold politicians accountable. It's also important to choose sides, specially when the fight is between our way of life and fanatics who want to blow up innocent people.
Again, I hope that Priest and Risen sleep well at night, kissing their Pulitzer and hearing of another terrorist attack.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:29 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- Air America is out of air
- No "sentido comun" in this movement
- I say no to the boycott
- REAGAN, THE ANTI-COMMUNIST
- What about "La Reconquista"?
- My US Senate projections
- How do Risen and Priest sleep at night?
- A few thoughts about baseball
- Memo to liberals: Resign rather than leak
- Why the immigration raids now?
- No jobs, no illegals!
- Karl is moving in the right direction
- The 6-8 Rangers are 1 game out of first place!
- The ball is on Bush's court
- Why didn't the generals resign?
- The Bay of Pigs: 45 years ago!
- 3 pitches, 3 homeruns!
- Happy Easter
- April 15, 1865: Now he belongs to the ages
- I saw this movie before!
- The marches did not work! Let's stop them.
- Gingrich did not call for a withdrawal from Iraq
- Iran and the Hitler analogy
- We love you Rush!
- Europe is going down (even faster than we thought!...
- Navarette blames Democrats!
- Most Hispanics did not march!
- April 15 and undocumented workers!
- The 1-5 Rangers
- Another Friday of good economic news
- Immigration reform, inning 1
- How do you say Titanic in French?
- Planners to Marchers: No Mexican flags!
- Great reception for Pres. Bush in Cincinnati
- Opening day memories
- Go Jimmy Rollins
- Baseball 2006
- It's time for Mexicans to get angry with Mexico ra...
- The street wins in France
- George Mason before basketball
- ▼ April (40)
- ► 2005 (400)