Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Guess who is angry with Democrats?
The media is always talking about Pres. Bush's problems with the Republican base. Indeed, he has them. Yet, the base will come home and support him when the bell rings in November.
The media overlooks the Democrats' internal problems. Yesterday, Sen. Feingold could not get any Democrats to support his censure resolution. Like Rep. Murtha, Feingold will find that Democrats are better at talking than doing anything.
Jesse Jackson has just written a long article about Pres. Bush's failures. Most of what Jackson claims is wrong but we will leave the details to another post. However, Jackson jumps all over the Democrats:
"But a lot of this is simple cowardice -- the belief that Bush and the Republican Congress have fallen so low and failed so completely, that Democrats can inherit power without ever committing to anything. That is bad politics and bad policy. Democrats who want to run for president are about to learn from core supporters that dancing between raindrops on issues of vital national importance won't get them there." (http://www.suntimes.com/output/jesse/cst-edt-jesse141.html)
The Democrats are "dancing between raindrops" because they are not a national party. FDR's coalition has fallen apart. They don't agree on anything except that they hate Bush!
The Democrats could reclaim some credibility by presenting a policy paper. It could say:
1) We should withdraw immediately from Iraq.
2) We believe in national health insurance.
3) Partial birth abortion is OK.
4) Same sex marriage is a civil right.
5) Americans do not pay enough taxes.
My guess is that most national Democrats agree with those five points. Why won't they say it publicly?
They won't do it because local and state Dem. won't go along with higher taxes and same sex marriage. They are still black and blue from carrying the liberal baggage that cost them election after election.
Love or hate him, Bush will tell you where he stands. However, the Democrats are "dancing between raindrops"!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:54 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- Photos from the march: How to make enemies in the ...
- What is Che doing in these marches?
- How to create a big backlash
- I remember March 30, 1981: Pres. Reagan is shot!
- Respect the flag
- Who let the students out?
- Some thoughts about Chavez
- Sec. Caspar Weinberger and Lyn Nofziger
- Does Lopez-Obrador really want to be president of ...
- Another Cuban political prisoner!
- Bring on the censure resolution
- I agree with Charlie Cook on the 2006 elections
- More from the Saddam documents
- Go Longhorns!
- Who is living in denial now?
- Sen. Clinton wants to be criticized by the anti-wa...
- Gore is not running (he can't win)
- Why isn't Pres. Bush doing more press conferences?...
- The terrorists do not like The Bush Doctrine
- I like Pres. Bush's hand
- Great job market for college graduates
- What if Pres. Bush had not invaded Iraq?
- Craig Biggio of the Houston Astros
- Nobody came to the anti-war parade
- They hate the US not violence!
- Reality comes to France
- Two new articles about Saddam and Iraq
- The angry left wing
- Stop funding the UN
- Go Michael Go!
- Why so much doom and gloom in the media?
- A note on Iraq
- March madness is great
- Happy Republicans
- Syria and Iran
- More good news on hiring
- Who are these Koreans at the WBC?
- Russ can't find any Democrats
- Ralph Peters from Iraq (must reading)
- Guess who is angry with Democrats?
- A word about abortion politics
- Russ "No Spine" Feingold
- Raul Rivero speaks!
- Jay Cost speaks about 2006
- Do it Senator Feingold!
- The real homeland security problem
- Barone on 1994 vs 2006
- The media is wrong on Iraq and the economy!
- The new RCP
- The WBC needs some changes
- Another Friday, another day of good economic news
- And now what?
- Air Hate America
- The real civil war!
- Al Qaeda wants a civil war!
- Another day and no civil war!
- Some in Vermont need to get serious!
- Puckett memories
- Taxing remittances
- Iran killing US soldiers!
- Message to George Clooney!
- Well done, Supreme Court!
- What are the critics really saying?
- Kaplan on the ports
- Texas congressional districts
- Does anybody care?
- This is about likely voters!
- How about some leadership on the ports?
- Let's move on!
- Speaking of the US-Mexico border
- Good news about manufacturing
- California's exodus
- ▼ March (72)
- ► 2005 (400)