Monday, February 27, 2006
First of all, congratulations to Sweden for winning the gold medal. It was a good game. (http://www.nbcolympics.com/results/1501439/detail.html?qs=pt=espn)
During the Cold War, the Soviets and East Germans dominated team sports in the winter Olympics. Those were the days when the USSR hockey team was made up of veterans playing US and Canadian college kids.
Back then, the matches were a joke.
Once in a while, you had a "miracle on ice". Most of the time it was a nightmare on ice as veteran Soviets beat up college kids!
Today, the USSR is gone. The best Europeans are playing in the NHL.
So let's bring the college players back. Let them earn medals and enjoy the fame. The pros have the Stanley Cup. Turn the game back to the amateurs and let the young men play for the medals and the flag.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 5:48 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- MLB Hall of Fame leaves Buck O'Neill out again!
- Has the Iraq civil war started yet?
- Beware of the 34% poll
- Guess who is looking for interns?
- McCain 47, Clinton 37
- Olympic hockey
- A couple of more words on the ports issue
- Goodbye Don Knotts
- It was a bad week for rational debate
- Well done South Dakota
- Where was Karl Rove on the ports issue?
- Friedman on Iraq
- Prof VD Hanson reports from Iraq
- McCain looking good in another poll!
- A tough message from Europe
- Time out on this ports issue!
- George Steinbrenner predicts title for Yanks
- Spring training is here and the Rangers are optimi...
- My 2 cents on the ports controversy
- Happy birthday, Pres. George Washington
- Partial birth abortion goes back to the Supreme Co...
- More good economic news (again and again!)
- What if Saddam actually had WMDs?
- Goodbye Curt Gowdy
- Some thoughts on Presidents' Day
- This is 2006 not 1978
- Rumors about the Supreme Court
- Will liberals listen to red state Democrats?
- The silly Chappaquidick analogy!
- Jesse's nightmare
- Do I miss winter?
- Team USA (hockey)
- Appeasement does not bring peace
- Over there and over here
- Why is the media missing this story?
- Now let's blame Fox News
- Silence about Gore
- The Chinese nukes!
- The Saddam tapes (part 2)
- Cheney speaks
- Some positive thoughts on the US economy!
- The new pictures add nothing
- The Saddam tapes
- More good economic news
- Cheney and the media
- Al Gore (again!)
- Thank you for the comments!
- Some thoughts on Bin Laden
- The Bush-Abramoff photo!
- What a great tribute to Pres. Lincoln
- The Lincoln Log: great website!
- Governor Swann of Pennsylvania?
- More McCain 2008!
- The cartoon double standard?
- Bush-41 is correct about this
- The new Fox poll: Good news for Republicans
- More on Pres. Carter's speech at the funeral
- The NSA hearings
- I just wrote my 500th post
- Can we have a funeral without attacks on Pres. Bus...
- I like McCain-Romney in 2008
- Fed Exp: Best TV ad!
- Why is the US doing so much better than Europe?
- A mother salutes Pres. Bush
- Congratulations to the Steelers
- The Stones were OK but.....
- The Steelers will win the Super Bowl
- The predator is killing terrorists!
- Sen Roberts goes after Howard Dean
- The latest on Howard Dean
- Good news: Aikman elected to Hall of Fame
- Buddy Holly, 47 years ago
- 4.7% unemployment: Not a bad economy after all!
- Dallas is 150 years old!
- Cindy Sheehan needs to go away
- Dir. Goss confirms the damage
- Another cheap shot against US troops
- One Democrat is worried about his party
- Let's not forget Social Security reform
- Why so many flash polls?
- The Bush speech
- ▼ February (81)
- ► 2005 (400)