Wednesday, February 01, 2006
The Bush speech
There were some good lines from the Bush State of the Union speech. For example:
"If there are people inside our country who are talking with Al Qaida, we want to know about it, because we will not sit back and wait to be hit again."
This is classic Bush. This is Bush leading.
Yet, the most memorable line was when he warned us about imported oil:
"America is addicted to oil, which is often imported from unstable parts of the world."
We need to break our dependence on Middle East oil. I heard President Nixon say the same thing in '73 but no one has done anything about it.
So, the President is right in calling for alternative energy sources.
The Democrat response was pretty good in style but not in substance. Gov. Kaine is a very attractive New Democrat. He opposes abortion and same sex marriage. I like his comments on partisanship. He should send them to Sen. Kennedy!
Good speech, specially the emphasis on reducing our dependence on imported oil.
P.S. Last night, Hannity & Colmes invited Rudy Guliani and Hailey Barbour to review the speech. I insist that this is a possible 2008 ticket: Guliani-Barbour.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 5:28 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- MLB Hall of Fame leaves Buck O'Neill out again!
- Has the Iraq civil war started yet?
- Beware of the 34% poll
- Guess who is looking for interns?
- McCain 47, Clinton 37
- Olympic hockey
- A couple of more words on the ports issue
- Goodbye Don Knotts
- It was a bad week for rational debate
- Well done South Dakota
- Where was Karl Rove on the ports issue?
- Friedman on Iraq
- Prof VD Hanson reports from Iraq
- McCain looking good in another poll!
- A tough message from Europe
- Time out on this ports issue!
- George Steinbrenner predicts title for Yanks
- Spring training is here and the Rangers are optimi...
- My 2 cents on the ports controversy
- Happy birthday, Pres. George Washington
- Partial birth abortion goes back to the Supreme Co...
- More good economic news (again and again!)
- What if Saddam actually had WMDs?
- Goodbye Curt Gowdy
- Some thoughts on Presidents' Day
- This is 2006 not 1978
- Rumors about the Supreme Court
- Will liberals listen to red state Democrats?
- The silly Chappaquidick analogy!
- Jesse's nightmare
- Do I miss winter?
- Team USA (hockey)
- Appeasement does not bring peace
- Over there and over here
- Why is the media missing this story?
- Now let's blame Fox News
- Silence about Gore
- The Chinese nukes!
- The Saddam tapes (part 2)
- Cheney speaks
- Some positive thoughts on the US economy!
- The new pictures add nothing
- The Saddam tapes
- More good economic news
- Cheney and the media
- Al Gore (again!)
- Thank you for the comments!
- Some thoughts on Bin Laden
- The Bush-Abramoff photo!
- What a great tribute to Pres. Lincoln
- The Lincoln Log: great website!
- Governor Swann of Pennsylvania?
- More McCain 2008!
- The cartoon double standard?
- Bush-41 is correct about this
- The new Fox poll: Good news for Republicans
- More on Pres. Carter's speech at the funeral
- The NSA hearings
- I just wrote my 500th post
- Can we have a funeral without attacks on Pres. Bus...
- I like McCain-Romney in 2008
- Fed Exp: Best TV ad!
- Why is the US doing so much better than Europe?
- A mother salutes Pres. Bush
- Congratulations to the Steelers
- The Stones were OK but.....
- The Steelers will win the Super Bowl
- The predator is killing terrorists!
- Sen Roberts goes after Howard Dean
- The latest on Howard Dean
- Good news: Aikman elected to Hall of Fame
- Buddy Holly, 47 years ago
- 4.7% unemployment: Not a bad economy after all!
- Dallas is 150 years old!
- Cindy Sheehan needs to go away
- Dir. Goss confirms the damage
- Another cheap shot against US troops
- One Democrat is worried about his party
- Let's not forget Social Security reform
- Why so many flash polls?
- The Bush speech
- ▼ February (81)
- ► 2005 (400)