Saturday, January 07, 2006
Hayes reports on the Saddam--terrorists connection
Stephen F. Hayes is a senior writer at The Weekly Standard. For years, he has written about the connection between Saddam Hussein and terrorists.
Today, Hayes published a summary based on some new information:
"THE FORMER IRAQI REGIME OF Saddam Hussein trained thousands of radical Islamic terrorists from the region at camps in Iraq over the four years immediately preceding the U.S. invasion, according to documents and photographs recovered by the U.S. military in postwar Iraq.
The existence and character of these documents has been confirmed to THE WEEKLY STANDARD by eleven U.S. government officials.
The secret training took place primarily at three camps--in Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak--and was directed by elite Iraqi military units. Interviews by U.S. government interrogators with Iraqi regime officials and military leaders corroborate the documentary evidence." (http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/550kmbzd.asp)
I was familiar with the training camps at Salman Park but had not heard of Samarra and Ramadi. There is also evidence that Iraq was paying money to the families of terrorists blowing up Israelis at restaurants and shops. Hussein was a terrorist running a rogue state.
Time will show that Pres. Clinton and VP Gore were right about Iraq. It's a shame that today's liberals are so angry at the 2000 election that they have chosen to ignore what their own leaders used to say.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:20 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- How can 42 Dems vote against Alito?
- Mrs. King was a great lady
- A pro-life trend?
- Some new numbers from Rasmussen
- The Ted Kennedy video: Ted's meltdown
- No filibuster on Alito
- Super Bowl memories
- Some ideas from The Chamber of Commerce
- Sometimes the bad guys do what they say!
- Soldiers, a tunnel and more problems at the border...
- Some ideas for the 6th Bush state of the union spe...
- New Jersey US Senate update
- Who is Joel Stein of The LA Times?
- Congratulations PM Harper
- Why a party vote for Alito?
- Wonderful TV: The story of John & Abigail Adams
- Hayden speaks about the NSA program
- Super Bowl 40 is next!
- Required reading from Michael Barone
- Carville & Begala on Meet the Press
- Governor Swann of Pennsylvania?
- Rachel's Vineyard
- McCain vs Clinton
- Pres. Reagan 25 years ago
- Osama is losing and we are winning
- Sad to hear of Wilson Pickett's death
- Why not school choice for inner city kids?
- Kennedy and the all male club
- Another type of corruption
- Somebody forgot to tell Gore
- The NFL Final 4
- Bad news and good news about Al Gore
- The Saddam documents
- The "always about abortion" Democrats!
- Will Mexicans vote?
- Iran and WMDs
- Bush and the courts
- The anti-Bush TV ads in Canada
- David Brooks hits one out of the park!
- A Harper in Canada's future
- Americans want terrorists caught!
- The Alito hearing is about political posturing
- Day 2: Alito is doing great
- Sutter is in!
- Alito Day 1
- Hooray for The Bull Moose
- Democrats and Abramoff
- Democrats and the NSA
- Abortion and more abortion
- Jack Abramoff's corruption
- Will the Alito hearings turn into a circus?
- Have you replaced your LPs with CDs?
- Hayes reports on the Saddam--terrorists connection...
- Alito gets an "A"
- Would you have believed this 20 years ago?
- The Nancy problem?
- The wonderful Texas Longhorns
- The Risen book is out
- Some Democrats are not serious about terrorism!
- Good article on Iraq, Mr. Peters!
- Why are liberals afraid of black Republicans?
- The US economy at the new year
- The 9-7 Cowboys are finished
- Jan 2, 1966: Packers beat Browns to win the NFL t...
- 2006 will be an important year in Mexico
- Happy New Year Dick Clark
- ▼ January (66)
- ► 2005 (400)