Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Day 2: Alito is doing great
We have polls for everything these days. The latest Washington Post poll indicates that the public supports Alito's nomination by 53 percent to 27 percent.
Why not? Alito looks like a high school history teacher. His wife looks like a Little League team mom. He comes across as a well mannered and extremely educated man. It's very difficult to convince anyone that Alito is a right wing monster who is going to take your rights away.
Last but not least, his views are mainstream. Let me repeat. Alito is in the mainstream!
Alito is not Roberts on TV. What judge is? Roberts was so good on TV that one wonders if he should switch professions and get a talk show.
Alito is not smooth but he represents the mainstream of American opinion and his easygoing demeanor disarms the angry left.
Years ago, this mainstream was in the Democrat party of FDR and Truman. Today, it is Republican Reaganism.
What happened to the Democrats? They left Truman and became the party of Michael Moore and Ted Kennedy. In fact, John F. Kennedy and Hubert Humphrey could not survive in the party's leftist primaries.
How did the Democratic Party change? The answer is cultural social issues, such as abortion, same sex marriage and religion in the public space.
Alito is on his way to the Supreme Court. I don't think that he will be an ideologue or fanatic. He will be a good judge who understands the Constitution and our country.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:17 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- How can 42 Dems vote against Alito?
- Mrs. King was a great lady
- A pro-life trend?
- Some new numbers from Rasmussen
- The Ted Kennedy video: Ted's meltdown
- No filibuster on Alito
- Super Bowl memories
- Some ideas from The Chamber of Commerce
- Sometimes the bad guys do what they say!
- Soldiers, a tunnel and more problems at the border...
- Some ideas for the 6th Bush state of the union spe...
- New Jersey US Senate update
- Who is Joel Stein of The LA Times?
- Congratulations PM Harper
- Why a party vote for Alito?
- Wonderful TV: The story of John & Abigail Adams
- Hayden speaks about the NSA program
- Super Bowl 40 is next!
- Required reading from Michael Barone
- Carville & Begala on Meet the Press
- Governor Swann of Pennsylvania?
- Rachel's Vineyard
- McCain vs Clinton
- Pres. Reagan 25 years ago
- Osama is losing and we are winning
- Sad to hear of Wilson Pickett's death
- Why not school choice for inner city kids?
- Kennedy and the all male club
- Another type of corruption
- Somebody forgot to tell Gore
- The NFL Final 4
- Bad news and good news about Al Gore
- The Saddam documents
- The "always about abortion" Democrats!
- Will Mexicans vote?
- Iran and WMDs
- Bush and the courts
- The anti-Bush TV ads in Canada
- David Brooks hits one out of the park!
- A Harper in Canada's future
- Americans want terrorists caught!
- The Alito hearing is about political posturing
- Day 2: Alito is doing great
- Sutter is in!
- Alito Day 1
- Hooray for The Bull Moose
- Democrats and Abramoff
- Democrats and the NSA
- Abortion and more abortion
- Jack Abramoff's corruption
- Will the Alito hearings turn into a circus?
- Have you replaced your LPs with CDs?
- Hayes reports on the Saddam--terrorists connection...
- Alito gets an "A"
- Would you have believed this 20 years ago?
- The Nancy problem?
- The wonderful Texas Longhorns
- The Risen book is out
- Some Democrats are not serious about terrorism!
- Good article on Iraq, Mr. Peters!
- Why are liberals afraid of black Republicans?
- The US economy at the new year
- The 9-7 Cowboys are finished
- Jan 2, 1966: Packers beat Browns to win the NFL t...
- 2006 will be an important year in Mexico
- Happy New Year Dick Clark
- ▼ January (66)
- ► 2005 (400)