Friday, November 04, 2005
Who is the generic Democrat who beats Bush today?
A current poll claims that a Democrat would beat Bush today. However, the poll has three serious problems:
1) We do not have a presidential election in 2005;
2) Bush can not run for reelection; and most importantly,
3) The Democrat does not have a name. He or she is a generic Democrat.
In fact, I saw a Fox News Poll that said that it would be a tie if Kerry and Bush were running today.
Maybe the Democrats have finally found the formula to win the presidency:
1) No Perot; and/or
2) Run a generic democrat, i.e. a person without a name.
Frankly, you have to leave the Washington/New York corridor to get some good perspective on our politics.
John Brummett is an award-winning columnist for the Arkansas News Bureau in Little Rock and author of "High Wire," a book about Bill Clinton's first year as president. He just wrote this article about the Democrats' problems:
"Democrats lack more than a generic candidate. They lack a message.Here's a quick quiz:
Can you name something Democrats stand for?
Opposition to the war in Iraq, you say?
Hillary voted for it. Kerry voted for it, and against it.
P. S. The Democrats need to listen to Brummett and other people from Arkansas. After all, Pres. Clinton could not deliver his home state of Arkansas to VP Gore in 2000 or Sen. Kerry in 2004.
The answer is not a generic candidate. The answer is a candidate who can win in places like Arkansas and Tennessee.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:13 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- Good economic news: 4.3% US economic growth
- GM and the upcoming Social Security crisis
- Memo to many liberals: Join the coalition of the a...
- Troy Aikman, Hall of Famer
- The Cindy Show is over
- Henry Kissinger speaks on Iraq
- What about this poll?
- Required reading from James Q. Wilson
- The US public is not demmanding a pull out from It...
- Clifford May answers Rep. Murtha
- Jack Welch gives advice to Pres. Bush
- More euro blues
- Why is Sen Hillary Clinton still supporting the wa...
- A Thanksgiving Message from Pres. Reagan
- The NFL wins a big one!
- Good news from the US economy!
- Orestes "Minnie" Minoso belongs in the Hall of Fam...
- Let's get serious about the war on terror
- They had a vote and the liberals wimped out
- Did you hear about the Dems' approval ratings?
- It's time for Democrats to vote yes or no!
- What about this poll?
- The Libby case won't fly now!
- At least Bush is doing better than the Democrats!
- Are the Democrats ready for this fight?
- Senator Joe Lieberman is not governing by polls
- How low can Clinton go?
- Baseball and steroids: The new policy
- The Democrats problems: numbers and ideas
- Albert Pujols: The 2005 NL MVP
- ARod: The 2005 AL MVP
- Abortion and democrats
- Pres. Bush hit back (why did he wait so long?)
- Who lied about Iraq WMDs? No one did!
- Message to the French
- They didn't like Reagan either!
- Reagan 1980: Was it really 25 years ago?
- Well done Texas!
- More violence in France
- Bush vs. Che
- What is one liberal saying about the Democrats?
- What's going on in Paris?
- Who is the generic Democrat who beats Bush today?
- Let's have an investigation
- Who is defending the UN now?
- Sam Alito
- ▼ November (46)