Sunday, November 20, 2005
They had a vote and the liberals wimped out
403 to 3? This is not a landslide. This is a wipeout.
For days, we've heard calls for withdrawal.
So yesterday, the Republicans decided to put the issue to a vote. And the liberals went wimpy.
THE NATION is angry with the liberals. This is what they wrote:
"The Nation therefore takes the following stand: We will not support any candidate for national office who does not make a speedy end to the war in Iraq a major issue of his or her campaign." (http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051128/editors)
Did you read that Sen. Clinton?
The Democrats do not have the courage to put their votes where their speeches are.
Three Democrats did vote for the resolution. They represent safe liberal districts. At least they voted yes.
Opposition to the Iraq War does not make you a coward. The late Sen. Wellstone opposed the war and he has my total respect.
As Tom Bevan said:
"What does make you a coward is when you truly believe we should get our troops out of Iraq immediately, you have a chance to vote for doing exactly that, and you choose not to because you fear the political consequences of being on record revealing your position to the public."
The Democrats are a party toward Whigdom! This party may not survive the next census!
What is Whigdom? Go to the internet and do a search for Whigs, the American political party that disappeared in the 1850s because they became irrelevant.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:19 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- Good economic news: 4.3% US economic growth
- GM and the upcoming Social Security crisis
- Memo to many liberals: Join the coalition of the a...
- Troy Aikman, Hall of Famer
- The Cindy Show is over
- Henry Kissinger speaks on Iraq
- What about this poll?
- Required reading from James Q. Wilson
- The US public is not demmanding a pull out from It...
- Clifford May answers Rep. Murtha
- Jack Welch gives advice to Pres. Bush
- More euro blues
- Why is Sen Hillary Clinton still supporting the wa...
- A Thanksgiving Message from Pres. Reagan
- The NFL wins a big one!
- Good news from the US economy!
- Orestes "Minnie" Minoso belongs in the Hall of Fam...
- Let's get serious about the war on terror
- They had a vote and the liberals wimped out
- Did you hear about the Dems' approval ratings?
- It's time for Democrats to vote yes or no!
- What about this poll?
- The Libby case won't fly now!
- At least Bush is doing better than the Democrats!
- Are the Democrats ready for this fight?
- Senator Joe Lieberman is not governing by polls
- How low can Clinton go?
- Baseball and steroids: The new policy
- The Democrats problems: numbers and ideas
- Albert Pujols: The 2005 NL MVP
- ARod: The 2005 AL MVP
- Abortion and democrats
- Pres. Bush hit back (why did he wait so long?)
- Who lied about Iraq WMDs? No one did!
- Message to the French
- They didn't like Reagan either!
- Reagan 1980: Was it really 25 years ago?
- Well done Texas!
- More violence in France
- Bush vs. Che
- What is one liberal saying about the Democrats?
- What's going on in Paris?
- Who is the generic Democrat who beats Bush today?
- Let's have an investigation
- Who is defending the UN now?
- Sam Alito
- ▼ November (46)