Thursday, November 24, 2005
A Thanksgiving Message from Pres. Reagan
Another Thanksgiving and we remember Pres. Reagan. Like most two term presidents, Reagan gave 8 messages. They were memorable and full of Reagan's optimism and religious convictions. (http://www.ronaldreagan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000210;p=1)
In 1988, Pres. Reagan delivered his last message. It was a few weeks after VP Bush carried 41 states.
This is what Pres. Reagan said 17 years ago:
"In this year when we as a people enjoy the fruits of economic growth and international cooperation, let us take time both to remember the sacrifices that have made this harvest possible and the needs of those who do not fully partake of its benefits.
The wonder of our agricultural abundance must be recalled as the work of farmer who, under the best and worst of conditions, give their all to raise food upon the land.
The gratitude that fills our being must be tempered with compassion for the needy.
The blessings that are ours must be understood as the gift of a loving God Whose greatest gift is healing.
Let us join then, with the psalmist of old:
O give thanks to the Lord, call on His name, Make known His deeds among the peoples!
Sing to Him, sing praises to Him, Tell of all His wonderful works!
Glory in His holy name; Let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RONALD REAGAN, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 24, 1988, as a National Day of thanksgiving, and I call upon the citizens of this great Nation to gather together in homes and places of worship on that day of thanks to affirm by their prayers and their gratitude the many blessings God has bestowed upon us."
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 5:23 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- Good economic news: 4.3% US economic growth
- GM and the upcoming Social Security crisis
- Memo to many liberals: Join the coalition of the a...
- Troy Aikman, Hall of Famer
- The Cindy Show is over
- Henry Kissinger speaks on Iraq
- What about this poll?
- Required reading from James Q. Wilson
- The US public is not demmanding a pull out from It...
- Clifford May answers Rep. Murtha
- Jack Welch gives advice to Pres. Bush
- More euro blues
- Why is Sen Hillary Clinton still supporting the wa...
- A Thanksgiving Message from Pres. Reagan
- The NFL wins a big one!
- Good news from the US economy!
- Orestes "Minnie" Minoso belongs in the Hall of Fam...
- Let's get serious about the war on terror
- They had a vote and the liberals wimped out
- Did you hear about the Dems' approval ratings?
- It's time for Democrats to vote yes or no!
- What about this poll?
- The Libby case won't fly now!
- At least Bush is doing better than the Democrats!
- Are the Democrats ready for this fight?
- Senator Joe Lieberman is not governing by polls
- How low can Clinton go?
- Baseball and steroids: The new policy
- The Democrats problems: numbers and ideas
- Albert Pujols: The 2005 NL MVP
- ARod: The 2005 AL MVP
- Abortion and democrats
- Pres. Bush hit back (why did he wait so long?)
- Who lied about Iraq WMDs? No one did!
- Message to the French
- They didn't like Reagan either!
- Reagan 1980: Was it really 25 years ago?
- Well done Texas!
- More violence in France
- Bush vs. Che
- What is one liberal saying about the Democrats?
- What's going on in Paris?
- Who is the generic Democrat who beats Bush today?
- Let's have an investigation
- Who is defending the UN now?
- Sam Alito
- ▼ November (46)