Wednesday, November 16, 2005
How low can Clinton go?
As a matter of fact, former Presidents Reagan, Ford or Bush did not say a word during the Clinton '98 impeachment proceedings. They did not travel to Republican fundraisers and say that Pres. Clinton had stained the Oval Office.
I personally recall the first Pres. Bush showered with questions about impeachment during a political event in Dallas. He did not comment one bit on Pres. Clinton's problems. He also refused questions on Somalia and the attacks on the two US embassies in Africa.
Former presidents have stayed out of partisan politics. It is no longer that way. Clinton has taken us to a new low, which is a remarkable statement considering that we are talking about the 42nd president of the US.
Pres. Clinton said that the Iraq invasion was a mistake. He is entitled to his opinion. However, you do not go to the Middle East and make such an attack on Pres. Bush. Clinton's remarks are a boost to the enemy. They do not help at all.
I have two questions:
1) What is Sen. Hillary Clinton's position?
2) Why did he wait until November '05 to say this? Why didn't former Pres. Clinton say this in March '03?
Why is he doing this? I think that Dick Morris is right. Morris was on the Sean Hannitty radio show today and said that the Clintons are doing a left-right dance. Bill moves to the left and lets Hillary move to the right.
Mickey Kaus explains it this way in his popular blog:
"Taking Clintonism to the next level!
The old Clintonism: One Clinton succeeds in making both sides think he agrees with them.
The new Clintonism: One Clinton pitches to one side while the other assuages the other side.
Example: Hillary carefully maintains her appeal to pro-war voters while her husband denounces the war that she voted for as a "a big mistake." ... A two-person straddle was needed because Hillary isn't gifted enough a talker to practice the old single-player Clintonism by herself. [Didn't they use this technique before--Bill said he was for "ending welfare as we know it" while liberals were allowed to hope that Marian Wright Edelman's friend Hillary would stop him?--ed True.
But you didn't have Bill saying we should reform welfare while Hillary was out in public saying that would be a "big mistake." ...
Prediction: The new trick won't work. Hillary will come under added pressure because of her husband's remarks.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 7:53 PM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- Good economic news: 4.3% US economic growth
- GM and the upcoming Social Security crisis
- Memo to many liberals: Join the coalition of the a...
- Troy Aikman, Hall of Famer
- The Cindy Show is over
- Henry Kissinger speaks on Iraq
- What about this poll?
- Required reading from James Q. Wilson
- The US public is not demmanding a pull out from It...
- Clifford May answers Rep. Murtha
- Jack Welch gives advice to Pres. Bush
- More euro blues
- Why is Sen Hillary Clinton still supporting the wa...
- A Thanksgiving Message from Pres. Reagan
- The NFL wins a big one!
- Good news from the US economy!
- Orestes "Minnie" Minoso belongs in the Hall of Fam...
- Let's get serious about the war on terror
- They had a vote and the liberals wimped out
- Did you hear about the Dems' approval ratings?
- It's time for Democrats to vote yes or no!
- What about this poll?
- The Libby case won't fly now!
- At least Bush is doing better than the Democrats!
- Are the Democrats ready for this fight?
- Senator Joe Lieberman is not governing by polls
- How low can Clinton go?
- Baseball and steroids: The new policy
- The Democrats problems: numbers and ideas
- Albert Pujols: The 2005 NL MVP
- ARod: The 2005 AL MVP
- Abortion and democrats
- Pres. Bush hit back (why did he wait so long?)
- Who lied about Iraq WMDs? No one did!
- Message to the French
- They didn't like Reagan either!
- Reagan 1980: Was it really 25 years ago?
- Well done Texas!
- More violence in France
- Bush vs. Che
- What is one liberal saying about the Democrats?
- What's going on in Paris?
- Who is the generic Democrat who beats Bush today?
- Let's have an investigation
- Who is defending the UN now?
- Sam Alito
- ▼ November (46)