Saturday, September 03, 2005
Sorry. The 2000 election did not create a surge in tropical storm activity!
Somebody needs to plug the outrageous comments coming from the left. A "truth levee" broke this week when the left turned a tragedy into another anti-Bush orgy.
According to some, Katrina is the result of global warming. Worse than that, the election of George Bush caused global warming. If Gore had won the 2000 election, global warming would have disappeared and hurricanes would have avoided the US forever.
What did Bill Clinton do about fossil fuel dependency or global warming? Nothing.
Why did the Kyoto treaty sit on Clinton's desk from 1997 to 2001? Bobby Kennedy Jr. is a self appointed environmental expert but he does not want to talk about the Clinton administration and Kyoto.
The fact is that the Bush presidency is not responsible for hurricanes. In fact:
"The truth is, as TechCentralStation's James Glassman points out, we have had fewer hurricanes in recent years than in previous decades and they are weaker.
Just check out this table on the National Hurricane Center web site." (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/marktapscott/printmt20050903.shtml)
The bad news is that the left is out of control. The good news is the left is out of control!
There is a reason why Hillary Clinton, the leading candidate for the Dem nomination, has avoided Cindy Sheehan and this Katrina blame game.
First, she is trailing Guliani and McCain in every poll. Second, she knows that you are not going to win in 2008 by associating yourself with the angry left.
In many ways, Bush is the luckiest man in the world. His critics are liberal Democrats!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 5:39 PM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- Rep King spoke for many of us!
- The anti-war crowd puts on another show
- Torre out? Angels in!
- Some thoughts on Europe
- Clinton was dead wrong and here are the charts!
- The "new" New Orleans
- The Indians, Tim McCarver and the end of Palmeiro
- Roberts should be confirmed
- Why is Pres. Clinton talking so much?
- ARod for AL MVP
- Andruw Jones for NL MVP
- How do historians view Bush?
- The Cowboys' Big Three: Aikman, Smith and Irvin
- The new voices in the African American community
- Baseball's wonderful conclusion
- Bush's speech in New Orleans
- One nation under what?
- Toni Fritsch was an NFL pioneer
- Who are you watching?
- Goodbye Mark Messier
- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is correct on same sex ...
- NS Trojans win!
- Do the Democrats really want an investigation of w...
- Michael Young: The best trade in Rangers' history...
- Good news: GWH Bush tollway keeps expanding
- Some interesting news about job creation
- Kofi's levee could not hold the truth
- How to stay out of poverty
- The Posse Comitatus Act: Why didn't Pres. Bush sen...
- So Mary wants to punch George!
- What's next for New Orleans?
- Bush and the Supreme Court
- How about some personal responsibility?
- The left's lies about the National Guard
- Sorry. The 2000 election did not create a surge i...
- Unemployment down to 4.9% but what about Katrina?
- A little memory lane: Bill Clinton and flood cont...
- No room for partisans
- Katrina Bush
- ▼ September (39)