Friday, July 01, 2005
The Rangers split with LA and Rogers punches a camera man
Two days ago, the Rangers were crushed and trailed LA by 8.5 games. Tuesday's loss was brutal. The Angels won in extra innings.
The Rangers did not quit and came back to win the next two. So we are back to 6.5 which is good lead but not insurmountable on June 30.
Yet, it was Kenny Rogers who stole the show with his confrontation with a Channel 4 camera man.
The Rangers should exercise the "idiot clause" and suspend Rogers for some time. I agree that players should have the right the to avoid the media. Rogers went beyond that. He behaved like a crazy fool, a man out of control, a man who has some serious anger management issues.
Rogers' behavior was out of character. He has pitched here since '91 and has never been a problem in or outside the clubhouse.
God only knows what made Rogers go postal. What's bothering Rogers?
Rogers should be suspended. MLB should force Rogers to make a public apology and to do lots of community work at local high schools.
As for the local media, I do agree that Kevin Sherrington of The Dallas Morning News took a cheap shot by questioning Rogers' integrity. Rogers has won 185 games and has never been a quitter. In fact, Rogers has eaten lots of innings for years.
I don't agree with Sherrington. (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/ksherrington/stories/062905dnsposherrington.56577be6.html):
"Rogers certainly didn't look the same against the Angels last week. Could he really be ducking the Angels to help his numbers?"
I don't know whether Rogers could have pitched against LA. No one knows except Kenny Rogers. Neither does Sherrington, who has never pitched a baseball game in his life.
Rogers should be punished and Sherrington should be more responsible.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:56 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- The Final Score: Common sense 98, ACLU zero!
- Park for Nevin
- The Democrats' problems, in their own words!
- They hate Bush and they can't count
- Looking ahead to 2006
- Lawsuits and the cost of doing business
- Don't listen to the pessimists: The US economy is ...
- The pro-abortion forces go after Judge Roberts
- Hooray for PM Howard and the others who see the th...
- There is more to the Supreme Court than abortion!
- 36 years ago!
- Roberts is a good choice
- The media vs Bush
- Speaking of Cuban baseball
- Rafael Palmeiro
- Drop the attacks on Rove and start acting like a r...
- The enemy within
- The NHL comes to its senses!
- Tough times for the doom and gloom brigade
- Get ready for Michael Moore on cable TV
- Let's listen to Israel!
- No Jeter and mid season awards
- We are at war!
- Thank God for Pres. Bush & PM Blair!
- Africa needs capitalism not rockn' roll
- Update on Rogers
- No All Star game for Kenny Rogers
- Canada goes for same sex marriage
- Happy birthday USA and baseball standings
- Our war over the Iraq War
- The polls and Iraq
- The Rangers split with LA and Rogers punches a cam...
- ▼ July (32)