Sunday, July 24, 2005
The pro-abortion forces go after Judge Roberts
This is what the pro-abortion forces are saying about Judge Roberts:
Howard Dean: "Faced with a growing scandal surrounding the involvement of Deputy White House chief of staff Karl Rove and Vice President Cheney’s chief of staff Lewis Libby in the leaking of the identity of a covert CIA operative, President Bush announced his nomination of John Roberts. ...”
MoveOn.org: "In nominating John Roberts, the president has chosen a right wing corporate lawyer and ideologue for the nation’s highest court instead of a judge who would protect the rights of the American people”
People for the American Way: “John Roberts’s record raises serious concerns and questions about where he stands on crucial legal and constitutional issues”
National Abortion Federation: "Judge Roberts has argued for the reversal of Roe and stated that there was "no support in the text, structure, or history of the Constitution" for the reasoning behind Roe....NAF is very concerned that if confirmed, Roberts would vote to weaken or even overturn Roe. We implore the Senate to closely examine his judicial philosophies on privacy and women's reproductive freedom."
NARAL: "If Roberts is confirmed to a lifetime appointment, there is little doubt that he will work to overturn Roe v. Wade" The Alliance for Justice: "While we will be conducting a complete analysis of his record on and off the bench, an initial review has led to serious concerns about whether he will be fair, independent and will protect the rights and freedoms of all Americans"
National Organization for Women: "If Roe v. Wade is overturned, these pictures could include your daughter, sister, mother, best friend, granddaughter" (NOW's website shows photographs of four women who died because they could not obtain safe and legal abortions.)
Planned Parenthood Federation of America: "Roberts must be prepared to demonstrate his commitment to constitutional protections for women's health and reproductive rights...The nomination of John G. Roberts raises serious questions and grave concerns for women's health and safety. It is particularly troubling that Roberts went on the record calling for Roe v. Wade to be overturned when he served as a lawyer for the government...Only a nominee committed to protecting women's health and safety should be confirmed by the Senate."
In the big scheme, all of this stuff about Roe v. Wade is a liberal joke.
Overturning Roe v. Wade will not end abortion in the US. It will mean that the issue of abortion will be returned to the states.
What does that mean? It means that voters, and not judges, will decide abortion.
Some states will have abortion. Others won't. That's the way it should be.
Let the voters decide. I am not afraid of people. The American people usually get it right, which is why Republicans have won 7 of the last 10 presidential elections.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:43 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- The Final Score: Common sense 98, ACLU zero!
- Park for Nevin
- The Democrats' problems, in their own words!
- They hate Bush and they can't count
- Looking ahead to 2006
- Lawsuits and the cost of doing business
- Don't listen to the pessimists: The US economy is ...
- The pro-abortion forces go after Judge Roberts
- Hooray for PM Howard and the others who see the th...
- There is more to the Supreme Court than abortion!
- 36 years ago!
- Roberts is a good choice
- The media vs Bush
- Speaking of Cuban baseball
- Rafael Palmeiro
- Drop the attacks on Rove and start acting like a r...
- The enemy within
- The NHL comes to its senses!
- Tough times for the doom and gloom brigade
- Get ready for Michael Moore on cable TV
- Let's listen to Israel!
- No Jeter and mid season awards
- We are at war!
- Thank God for Pres. Bush & PM Blair!
- Africa needs capitalism not rockn' roll
- Update on Rogers
- No All Star game for Kenny Rogers
- Canada goes for same sex marriage
- Happy birthday USA and baseball standings
- Our war over the Iraq War
- The polls and Iraq
- The Rangers split with LA and Rogers punches a cam...
- ▼ July (32)