Sunday, July 31, 2005
The Final Score: Common sense 98, ACLU zero!
You don't see a lot of 98-0 votes in the US Senate. Yet, yesterday 98 Senators voted against the ACLU. (I have no idea about the other 2 Senators who did not vote!)
The ACLU sued to ban the Scouts from federal property. Why? Because the Scouts' leadership, with strong support from the boys' parents, decided to ban openly homosexual leaders.
The bottom line is that the Scouts are about teaching life lessons rather than talking about sexual orientation.
After all, we are talking about boys. Why should these boys be exposed to any kind of sexual orientation anyway? Again, we are talking about boys! Can't we protect our kids' innocence for a while?
Like most fathers, I did my Boys Scouts time. My three sons were in the Scouts a few years ago. Eventually, they spent more time playing sports than scouting but the experience was worthwhile and constructive.
I remember spending a few nights at camp retreats, putting tents together and cooking outdoors. It was fun to meet a lot of other fathers and boys.
There was nothing political about the Scouts. There was nothing religious either, although the boys were taught that there is a God.
And last, but not least, the boys were taught some good values, such as respect for parents and authority, love of country and flag.
Why would the ACLU be mad with such a group?
Why is the ACLU concerned with a group that brings dads and sons together?
What's wrong with the ACLU?
I would think that every person in the country would support a group that encourages boys to behave correctly and to spend time with their fathers.
Why is the ACLU at war with the Boys Scouts?
Let me give you two reasons.
First, the Scouts talk about God and that's a nasty word in the ACLU lexicon. The ACLU will defend your right to put obscenities in the Internet but talking about God is too much for them.
The ACLU's technical explanation is that groups should not use state property to talk about God.
Will the ACLU sue federal, state and city governments for closing on Christmas Day? What do we celebrate on Christmas Day anyway? The start of winter?
Second, the Scouts are opposed to teaching that homosexuality is just another lifestyle.
So a big victory for common sense. And a huge loss for the ACLU!
We have a lot of problems in the world. The Boys Scouts should be the least of our concerns.
Teaching boys to respect authority, love their country and believe in a supreme being should not concern anyone.
We need more organizations like the Boys Scouts!
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:36 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- The Final Score: Common sense 98, ACLU zero!
- Park for Nevin
- The Democrats' problems, in their own words!
- They hate Bush and they can't count
- Looking ahead to 2006
- Lawsuits and the cost of doing business
- Don't listen to the pessimists: The US economy is ...
- The pro-abortion forces go after Judge Roberts
- Hooray for PM Howard and the others who see the th...
- There is more to the Supreme Court than abortion!
- 36 years ago!
- Roberts is a good choice
- The media vs Bush
- Speaking of Cuban baseball
- Rafael Palmeiro
- Drop the attacks on Rove and start acting like a r...
- The enemy within
- The NHL comes to its senses!
- Tough times for the doom and gloom brigade
- Get ready for Michael Moore on cable TV
- Let's listen to Israel!
- No Jeter and mid season awards
- We are at war!
- Thank God for Pres. Bush & PM Blair!
- Africa needs capitalism not rockn' roll
- Update on Rogers
- No All Star game for Kenny Rogers
- Canada goes for same sex marriage
- Happy birthday USA and baseball standings
- Our war over the Iraq War
- The polls and Iraq
- The Rangers split with LA and Rogers punches a cam...
- ▼ July (32)