Sunday, June 19, 2005
Happy Fathers Day
Let me extend a wonderful salute to all of the fathers and grandfathers of the world.
I want to pay special attention to the "cubanos", all of those fathers who brought us here years ago. They paid a heavy sacrifice to come here. They had to work hard.
So let me say thank you to my dad and my two uncles, who are part of the group.
I want to say thank you for standing up to Castro. Thank you for bringing us here. Thank you for all of the hard work.
My brother, sister and I were very lucky to have such a responsible father. He taught us good values. He also treated my mother with respect.
Happy Father's Day.
The biggest social problem in the US is the absence of responsible fathers. We don't need more legislation or some liberal plan to save us from ourselves.
We need more men to be responsible fathers. We need for men to stand up and be real men, and that means being a responsible father!
We have gone from the responsible Mr. Cleaver to the travesty of Mr. Simpson. It is a sickening decline.
In the mid-90s, David Blankenhorn wrote "Fatherless America". This book should be read by every one. It should be required reading.
Later in the 90s, David Popenoe published "Life without Father".
The facts are alarming.
4 of 10 children will go to bed tonight without a father. They have video games and a full stomach but they don't have a father.
The worst part is that 25% of our kids are born out of wedlock. This is a very special problem among blacks.
Remember the "Murphy Brown" spat between VP Quayle and Hollywood? The Hollywood liberals beat up VP Quayle for being antifeminist. Yet, the liberal Atlantic magazine published a lead story the next year called: "Dan Qualye was right".
Fathers are important and necessary. The two parent home is the best welfare program in the world. We need a culture that promotes marriage and responsible parenthood.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 6:05 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- Good economic news (again!)
- Bush after the speech
- The O'Reilly Factor
- The Rangers big task!
- 50 years of Sandy Koufax
- Rove is a genius!
- I like NPR and PBS but.....
- Here we go again: The polls are bad for the Iraq ...
- What's up, Kofi?
- The silly French
- Can we finally put an end to Hitler analogies?
- Happy Fathers Day
- The Senator's big mouth!
- No personal attacks on Hillary Clinton
- Memories of Mark Holtz and a few other baseball th...
- Starve the United Nations: No change, no US money!...
- Thank you for your support!
- "Bush lied" and the Downing Street Memo
- Vicente Fox has lost control of the border
- Bush's approval ratings
- The Hispanics
- ARod hits # 400
- Dean will survive (the left loves what he is screa...
- The 28-30 Yankees
- Remembering World War II on the 61st anniversary o...
- Watergate, Deep Throat and Nixon
- An update about Iraq
- Enough of Michael Jackson
- Amnesty International has a PR problem!
- Deep throat follows the money!
- ▼ June (30)