Wednesday, May 11, 2005
What Bill Clinton wants you to forget about North Korea
Last year, I was listening to an intervew with Dick Morris. He told a fascinating story.
In '96, Pres. Clinton was discussing his legacy with Dick Morris, his political adviser. Clinton was obsessed with legacy. It consumed him.
Morris warned him: Your legacy will be terrorism.
Clinton did not take Morris' advice. He spent the second term avoiding the tough issues of Social Security and terrorism.
North Korea is another of Clinton's sad legacies.
Pittsburghlive.com has an interesting editorial on this subject:
"Instead of taking a hard line against North Korea's nuclear ambitions, President Clinton instead played the appeasement card: In exchange for U.S. aid, Kim Jong Il in 1994 agreed to stop nuclear weapons development. And what a deal, too: 500,000 tons of fuel oil annually, millions of dollars for food, and a nuclear reactor.
But there was no means of verification.
An estimated 1 million North Koreans starved to death during the U.S. aid program.
Today Democrats suggest Mr. Clinton contained the threat. That's laughable. North Korea already has admitted that it went to work on nuclear weaponry shortly after the Clinton deal."
History is going to be very harsh on Bill Clinton. It should be. Clinton left a lot of real problems on the table as he enjoyed a political boost from the high tech boom of the late 90s.
The prosperity gave Clinton high approval ratings but they never translated into any electoral gains.
In 2000, Clinton could not deliver Arkansas to VP Gore. Arkansas' 5 electoral votes would have made VP Gore the 43rd president!
So much for high approval ratings!
History will be harsh on Clinton. He will be remembered as a flawed man who focused exclusively on his legacy and ended up without one.
History will remember him as the man who "...did not have sexual relations with that woman".
History will be harsher for not having had relations with terrorism, North Korea and Social Security.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 8:03 AM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- Baseball at Memorial Day 2005
- No to Chirac!
- What happened to the spirit of the compromise?
- Two pollsters have more bad news for Dems
- Another Friday of good economic news!
- Why is someone using the word gulag?
- Congratulations to my son Silvio
- Parental notification
- Very liberal Howard is costing the Dems money & vo...
- Judges, filibusters and the secular agenda
- Who made these terrorists angry?
- Wake up! The enemy wants to kill you and me
- Abortion and a future mother's health
- We need more diversity in the newsrooms!
- The media shoots itself again!
- Compensation for support (the latest definition of...
- Some advice for Vicente Fox
- Will you sell your euros now?
- The worthless UN
- Iran and North Korea
- What Bill Clinton wants you to forget about North ...
- Happy Mothers Day
- It doesn't take a village. It takes 270 electoral...
- Bush leads and the Democrats just say no!
- The 11-19 Yankees!
- It was a good week!
- 63% versus the secular brigade!
- No more Vietnams!
- ▼ May (28)