Tuesday, May 24, 2005
The AP flashed a big story:
"The Supreme Court said Monday it would take up a new abortion case this fall.
In this case, the justices will decide whether health exceptions are required in abortion laws requiring parental notification. A lower court struck down New Hampshire's law.
In their appeal, New Hampshire officials argued that the abortion law need not have an "explicit health exception" because other state provisions call for exceptions when the mother's health is at risk.
The New Hampshire law required that a parent or guardian be notified if an abortion was to be done on a woman under 18. The notification had to be made in person or by certified mail 48 hours before the pregnancy was terminated.
The Supreme Court has passed up other opportunities to consider abortion cases. Earlier this year, justices declined to hear a challenge to the Roe v. Wade ruling by the woman known as "Jane Roe" who was at the center of the historic case. They also declined to consider reinstating an Idaho law requiring girls under age 18 to get parental consent for abortions except under the most dire of medical emergencies.
The latest case is Ayotte v. Planned Parenthood, 04-1144."
In my view, this is a parents' rights issue. This is not about abortion.
Why is the pro-abortion side so passionate to win this battle?
Abortion is not a medical procedure. Abortion has become the "rosary" of the secular left. They cannot consider a scenario where a woman is denied an abortion, even if the woman in question is a 15 year old girl.
Our local school's nurse won't give our son an aspirin without a signed form. Should it be easier to get an abortion?
I hope that the pro-abortion people can see the insanity of teen abortion on demand. Parents should have the final word on any teen abortion!
Honest people can disagree on abortion, or Roe v Wade. However, we should agree that parents matter and that teen girls should consult with them on something as important as abortion.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 5:50 PM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- Baseball at Memorial Day 2005
- No to Chirac!
- What happened to the spirit of the compromise?
- Two pollsters have more bad news for Dems
- Another Friday of good economic news!
- Why is someone using the word gulag?
- Congratulations to my son Silvio
- Parental notification
- Very liberal Howard is costing the Dems money & vo...
- Judges, filibusters and the secular agenda
- Who made these terrorists angry?
- Wake up! The enemy wants to kill you and me
- Abortion and a future mother's health
- We need more diversity in the newsrooms!
- The media shoots itself again!
- Compensation for support (the latest definition of...
- Some advice for Vicente Fox
- Will you sell your euros now?
- The worthless UN
- Iran and North Korea
- What Bill Clinton wants you to forget about North ...
- Happy Mothers Day
- It doesn't take a village. It takes 270 electoral...
- Bush leads and the Democrats just say no!
- The 11-19 Yankees!
- It was a good week!
- 63% versus the secular brigade!
- No more Vietnams!
- ▼ May (28)