Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Is Europe serious about terror?
Last night, our PBS affiliate ran a Frontline special about Al Qaeda in Europe. You can watch the entire program online by going to www.pbs.org and do a search.
This program looked at terror cells in Spain, France and Germany.
In the late 1930s, much of Europe did not pay attention to Hitler and the militarization of Germany. It was too late in '39 when Hitler marched into Poland and forced France to surrender.
Will history repeat itself? I hope not. Yet, I am not very optimistic about Europe. We may wake up one morning and learn that more terror has come to the Europeans.
Spain is currently living with a weekly threat. Last month, the Spanish police did some very good work and prevented a massive plot to blow up the soccer stadium with 60,000 fans. Let me repeat---60,000 fans!
Two months ago, they stopped another plot to blow up a skyscraper in Madrid. One week after the train station bombings, they found more bombs on the rail lines between Madrid and Sevilla.
This is not supposed to happen in Spain. After all, did not Zapatero take Spanish troops out of Iraq?
Watch the program. Send it to a European friend.
Posted by Silvio Canto, Jr. Post Link ---> 1:49 PM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- ► 2010 (869)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- No Oscars or Che fantasies for me!
- An African American lady named Janice Brown
- Has the UN lost the American public?
- Strong economic growth in the US
- Let me be absolute baseball king for one day!
- Is Europe serious about terror?
- The future of the US and Europe
- Bush goes to Europe
- Thank you Rusty Greer
- Canseco, Bonds, Aaron and baseball history
- The No Hockey League
- It's time for the Europeans to put up or shut up i...
- Update on soccer
- Dean is the wrong one!
- Bad economic news from Europe
- Let's play hockey!
- How to argue with liberals.....just quote Clinton!...
- The US--Mexico border mess
- ▼ February (18)